dietDirect is committed to protecting the privacy of your personal information. Because of this, we want you to know that we view your security as a major concern, and that it is important to us. dietDirect has dedicated a large portion of electronic, physical, and procedural safeguards to keep our customer’s personal information safe. The security and confidence of our customers is an ongoing focus of our company.
- Protecting the Privacy of Customer Information
dietDirect is committed to protecting your privacy and providing a secure online experience. We restrict access to your personal information to those who need to know that information to provide products or services to you that were requested. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations to transmit and store information about you. If you become an inactive customer, we will continue to adhere to the privacy policies and practices described in this notice. To protect the information you send from your computer to the dietDirect.com e-commerce system, information - including credit card numbers and passwords - is encrypted using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL). Only the systems responsible for processing your order have access to your credit card and billing information.
- Collecting Information:
Types of information collected:
We may collect different types of personal and other information based on your use of our services and our business relationship with you. Some examples include:
- Personal information that you provide via forms, surveys, applications, or using other online fields, or other forms of communication including telephone or email. Personal information obtained is used to verify representations made by you such as identity, employment history or income; collected information includes but may not be limited to:
- Your name,
- Your address,
- Your telephone number,
- Your email address,
- Your mobile location,
- Your credit card information
- Website usage and browsing information including your preferences, pages visited, and technical information regarding your computer and operating systems such as:
- Your Internet Protocol (IP) address,
- Domain name,
- System configuration and settings.
- Sources of collected information about you, comes from several sources:
- Information you provide online,
- Information you provide on applications and forms,
- Other information you may provide when communicating with us via telephone or email,
- Automatically when you visit our website or use our services.
- Cookies and Other Technologies
- Cookies are pieces of information stored directly on the computer you are using. dietDirect, or our third-party service providers (including advertising service providers) may place cookies or Flash objects on the computer you are using so that we can continually improve the design, content, and functionality of our site to better serve you
- Cookies allow us to:
When you visit our site, dietDirect utilizes cookies to monitor your navigation of our site and provide you with information on products and services that best fit your needs. Cookies we use do not contain or capture personally identifiable information. If you choose not to accept cookies from dietDirect® you may not have access to use all or part of our site or you may not benefit fully from the information and services offered.
dietDirect’s advertising service providers may serve advertising through the use of web beacons. A web beacon is placed on a web page and, in addition to setting HTML cookies, can capture information such as IP address, time, web browser, time zone and domain. Other technologies we use may capture customer specific data to help us understand how customers use our site.
When you access this site from a website from a computer, mobile phone or other device, we may collect information about the device, or the type of browser, IP address, cell phone ID or other device identifier on a user’s device to accurately identify a re-visiting device and location, as well as the pages you have visited. Your location information is only accessible to our company and those acting on its behalf to verify the information you provided to us. By using this service, you are opting-in to our gathering of this information and the sharing of location information only with those with a need to know such information so that we can provide you with the product or service you requested.
- Offer more relevant content and/or services
- Collect technical and navigational information, such as browser type, time spent on site and pages visited
- Monitor viewing and responses to dietDirect advertisements
Information or Email from Us
- We and our non-dietDirect advertising service providers use this information, as well as other information they have or we may have, to help make decisions about ads you see on other sites.
- Some ads that you receive are customized based on your visits over time and across different Web sites. This type of customization – sometime referred to as behavioral or interest-based advertising – is enabled through your computer browser and browser cookies. Information collected by these cookies is not personally identifiable. This type of advertising not only helps you to receive more customized advertising offers and promotions but also helps support the free content, products, and services you get online.
- If you prefer not to have non-personal information used in this way, you may opt out of online behavioral advertising by visiting this link http://www.aboutads.info/.
- Please note that if you opt out, you may still receive online advertising from dietDirect. Opting out from a specific advertising provider means that the ads you do receive will not be based on your preferences or behavior. In order for behavioral advertising opt-outs to work on the computer you are using, your browser must be set to accept cookies. If you delete cookies, buy a new computer, access the site from a different computer, login under a different screen name, or change web browsers you will need to opt out again. If the browser you are using has scripting disabled, you do not need to opt out, as online behavioral advertising technology does not work when scripting is disabled. Please check the browser's security settings to validate whether scripting is active or disabled.
- dietDirect is not affiliated with www.aboutads.info/ and cannot warrant the effectiveness of the opt out procedures.
Opt Out Rights
- By using our site or communicating with us through phone, email, chat, fax, or postal mail or other communication means, you are providing your consent to receive communication from dietDirect through email, telephone, postal mail, or chat.
- Our email marketing is permission based. If you receive a mailing from us our records indicate that you have 1) shared this information for the purpose of receiving communication from dietDirect in the future; or 2) have submitted an order or registration process with dietDirect.
- We may send you email regarding our services from time to time, as well as updates regarding your current transaction. We may also send out periodic emails informing you of technical service issues related to a service you requested. If you do not want to continue to receive opted in promotional messaging, please opt out by logging into your dietDirect account and changing your email preference settings. Please note you will continue to receive emails in regard to your current transaction or business relationship with dietDirect.
- dietDirect does not sell your email address to any other companies.
- You may opt out of promotional emails in the following ways:
Accuracy of Your Account Information
- By choosing the “opt out” option on emails you receive
- By opting out of behavioral targeting at www.aboutads.info/
- By adjusting your email settings and preferences to reflect your decision to opt out of marketing emails in your account preferences
- We have established procedures to ensure that your information is accurate, current and complete, in keeping with reasonable industry standards. We continually strive to maintain complete and accurate information about you and your accounts. Should you ever believe that our records contain inaccurate or incomplete information about you, please notify us.
Additional Security Precautions
Children and the Internet
- You also have a significant role in protecting your information. Do not share your login information with others. If you use this site, you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account, password, and restricting access to your computer. You agree to accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your account and password.
- We do not knowingly collect or retain personally identifiable information from consumers under the age of eighteen (18). You must be at least eighteen (18) years of age to obtain services from us. By visiting the dietDirect site and submitting an order or inquiry, you are representing to us that you are 18 years of age or older.
3200 Corporate Drive, Suite B
Wilmington, NC 28405