Lighten Things Up: 18 Funny and Inspirational Weight Loss Quotes
It's frequently said that efforts towards personal improvement, such as starting a diet or exercise program, are part of a journey filled with ups and downs. While true, this almost unending stream of inspirational wisdom in your Facebook or Pinterest feed may start to feel like a blur of far-away themes instead of tangible sparks of motivation.
“The most annoying are those people in exceptionally good shape at the gym. I’m like, “what are you doing here? You’re done.” - Jim Gaffigan
Sometimes we need to step back and have a laugh at the the lighter side of this personal (often emotional) journey. While motivation is a key part of the successful weight loss journey, (see our favorite motivational quotes) what makes WonderSlim different is a belief dieting doesn't have to mean losing the joy of eating or be boring. You shouldn't have to sacrifice delicious food and desserts, and perhaps should even have a little fun with a diet!
Laughing is the Best Exercise
When the going gets tough, laughing it off for a few minutes may give you the perspective and mood boost you need rather than getting super serious and taking on the world when you're not quite ready.
To help, we've put together some grin and LOL-worthy quotes about dieting and exercise.
Snickering About Those 'Accidental' Snickers Bars: Dieting Humor
1. Who knew there was a promising relationship between diet and exercise?
2. "My doctor told me to stop having intimate dinners for four. Unless there are three other people." - Orson Welles
3. "I always cook with wine. Sometimes I even add it to the food." - W.C. Fields
4. "Stressed spelled backwards is desserts. Coincidence? I think not!" - Author Unknown (which might be OK if it were a WonderSlim diet dessert..)
5. Oh no, not again ;-)
6. "A party without cake is just a meeting." - Julia Child
7. "When the waitress asked if I wanted my pizza cut into four or eight slices, I said, 'Four. I don’t think I can eat eight.'" - Yogi Berra
8. "Seize the moment. Remember all those women on the Titanic who waved off the dessert cart." - Erma Bombeck
9. "I've been on a diet for two weeks and all I've lost is fourteen days." - Totie Fields (perhaps if they tried a WonderSlim 2-week plan...)
10. The horror, the calories...oh look, cute dog.
Don't Sweat It: Funny Exercise Quotes
11. This is one way to set a goal.
12. “Whenever I feel like exercise, I lie down until the feeling passes.” - Robert Hutchins
13. "I struggle with laziness. I’m like, 'Should I sit down and do nothing or lie down and do nothing?" - Jim Gaffigan
14. Dance like everyone is watching?
15. The trouble with jogging is that by the time you realize you’re not in shape for it, it’s too far to walk back.” - Franklin Jones
16. “Exercise is a dirty word. Every time I hear it I wash my mouth out with chocolate.” - Charles M. Schulz
Laugh It Off Then Get Back Up
All joking aside, studies show laughter actually is a form of exercise. Taking a moment to relax and have a laugh about those inevitable slip-ups helps the body release endorphins, or natural opiates. Studies show they both play a role in management of pain and induce a feeling of euphoric calm.
Even better, organized "laughter yoga" is a thing.
Once you're feeling better, you'll be ready to tackle the world again..and ready to leap at all those motivational quotes. Here are a few of our favorites.
17. Believing really is half the battle.
Photo credit David Marku via Quotefancy.com
18. Focus on what could go right.