Posted in: Health & Nutrition
Recipe: Seared Salmon
- 3 or 6 oz salmon filet, thawed completely
- 1 Tablespoon non-fat margarine
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees and an oven-proof skillet to high heat.
- With a sharp knife, score the skin of the filet with 2-3 cuts from one side to the other. Score just the skin, do not cut into the flesh of the fish. This will keep the salmon from curling up when placed in the hot skillet.
- Season the salmon filet well with kosher salt and pepper.
- Melt 1 tablespoon non-fat margarine in the skillet and add the salmon filet, skin side down.
- Sear the filet on the skin side only for 2-3 minutes, until the skin is nicely charred.
- Immediately transfer the oven-proof skillet to the pre-heated oven and cook for 5 minutes. Remove the skillet from the oven and place the filet on a plate. Serve immediately or store in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Recipe provided by: Salt & Charm