With regrets to a few unfortunate parts of country, Spring is officially in full force!
Start the sun, fun and relaxation season on the porch or in the sand the healthy way with this low calorie, Vitamin C-rich, fruity concoction!
Watermelon Agua Fresca with Strawberries Recipe
This recipe makes 4 servings
This delicious and refreshing spring-time drink that is a breeze to prepare in a blender.
- ½ cup of fresh or frozen strawberries
- 2 cups of watermelon chunks
- 2 Tablespoons of lime juice
- 1 cup of water
- 2 packets powdered stevia or 10 drops liquid stevia
- Put all the ingredients in a blender
- Blend on high
- Strain if desired
- Let cool in refrigerator for about two hours
Important: Don’t skip the lime juice! It helps really boost the other drink flavors.
- Calories: 32
- Total Fat: 0.4 g
- Cholesterol: 0.0 grams
- Sodium: 2 mg
- Carbohydrates: 7.5 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 0.6 g
In addition to being a sweet, low-calorie beverage this drink is also nutritious, containing approximately 35% of your Daily Value of Vitamin C, about 6% of your Daily Value of vitamin B-6 and about 6% of your Daily Value of vitamin A.