To Make Gluten-Free Chocolate Pound Cake:
1 package Peri's Perfect Chocolate Poundcake Mix
5 large eggs, room temperature*
1 1/2 cups unsalted butter, unsalted margarine or shortening, softened
1 cup whole milk (or milk substitute)
2 cups chocolate chips (optional)
* Egg-free recipe utilizing ground flaxseed is printed on inside of the box.
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Generously spray 12-cup bundt non-stick pan OR two 9" round non-stick pans OR two loaf pans with non-stick spray.**
2. Pour Mix in bowl of mixer with paddle attachment. Add eggs, butter/margarine/shortening and mix. Add milk and mix well until batter is thoroughly blended. Add optional chips.
3. Pour batter into pre-greased baking pan.
4. Bake for 60 to 75 minutes for bundt pan (approximately 45 minutes for two 9" round pans or approximately 1 hour for 2 loaf pans), until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
5. Cool cake for 5 minuted in pan. Then, invert cake onto serving platter and cool.
6. Dust with powdered sugar or glaze. Cut and serve. Serve plain or with ice cream or whipped cream.
** If you are using a pan that does not have a non-stick surface, then generously spray pan with non-stick spray and then "flour" with cocoa powder to prevent cake from sticking.